- she can be a little nervous at first and gets spooked by loud noises, so tiny kids may be too hard for her at first but she has been loving and gentle with older kids who let her do the initiation of affection. She is not used to having her own things like bones so she does not know how to share quite yet, continued training will be needed in this area
-sits patiently at your feet and LOVES attention, affection and praise.
-was a little terrified of cats at first but is starting to warm up - she was nose to nose with a kitty for a bit and seemed intrigued. By day two they are buddies as you can see in the photos
-likes other dogs, tries to play
- is learning housetraining and is so smart that it shouldn't take long - not sure if she's ever lived indoors consistently until now
January 2015 update
One of our volunteers went to meet Lola and she told us, "Now, Lola is a sweet, sweet girl. She is very timid and is hesitant to come out of her kennel but she seems like she really wants to interact. She is young with nice bright white teeth. I got down on my knees as soon as I realized how shy she is and in no time she was licking my neck and cheeks and couldn't get enough affection from me. She still needs to gain some weight. She appears to be a hound mix maybe 1-2 years old. She is a great medium size at about 20 inches tall. She is very kind and desperately needs love."
Lola appears to be a hound or beagle mix, possibly a treeing walker coonhound.
To apply to adopt Lola or any of our sweeties, please check out our application.
Please note: We do not have a physical location, but we are supported by a network of wonderful foster homes that are spread throughout New England. A dog will need to be visited by a prospective adopter in the foster home where they are feeling safe and comfortable.
Thank you for considering rescue!
Lola is in a foster home in southern Maine and is ready for her forever family to find her.
Lola is in a home now for foster and she is the sweetest girl! Some things we have learned about her:
- she wants to be social and sweet and is learning, maybe for the first time, that people are good
-she LOVES human companionship, in spite of whatever her early history was
- Lola is energetic and fun, likes tug of war with rope toys and is curious
- she is treat motivated but will sit and learn new things just to please you